One of the most common issues we hear of is with Brother laser printers is when the Imaging Drum needs replacing. Some people look to replacing the printer out of sheer frustration. Fortunately the answer and fix is very easy to complete.
The MFC-7360N and MFC-L2710DW laser multifunction printer is a typical mono laser printer from Brother. The design of the drum and toner unit has been proven to be very reliable and sets brother as being one of the most sought after laser printers in the market.
Replacement of the drum unit is not difficult and most people sort the problem out in around 2 – 3 minutes.
Brother printers have counters installed internally and checks drum revolutions. The counter must be reset manually. If the counter is not reset a rather annoying message will repeat until the machine stops working.
- Make sure the machine is turned on
- Open the front cover (the one where you get the toner and drum unit)
- Now press the Clear/Back
- In the LCD screen a message will appear entitled Reset Drum
- Press the OK button
- Now you will be prompted to select 1 to confirm resetting the drum counter or 2 for not.
- Press the number 1 button on the keypad to reset the drum counter
- The message accepted should now show on the LCD screen
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Close the front cover.
- Press OK and the Up arrow key at the same time.
- Press OK to select Drum.
- Press the Up arrow key to reset the drum counter.